Unlike my love for gazing and shooting it.. a waning November moon.
- January — Moon after Yule
- February — Snow Moon
- March — Sap
- MoonApril — Grass
- MoonMay — Planting Moon
- June — Honey Moon
- July — Thunder Moon
- August — Grain Moon
- September — Fruit Moon (or Harvest Moon)
- October — Hunter’s Moon (or Harvest Moon)
- November — Frosty Moon
- December — Moon before Yule
* What is a Blue Moon and when is the next one?
Because the time between two full Moons doesn’t quite equal a whole month, approximately every three years there are two full Moons in one calendar month. Over the past few decades, the second full Moon has come to be known as a “blue Moon.” The next time two full Moons occur in the same month (as seen from the United States) will be August 2012. The most recent “blue Moon” occurred in December 2009.